Thursday, November 4, 2010

Ideas for H2O project

For this shot, I had a 750 shining in from the left side across the bottom of the jar. I put a Mini underneath the table and shined it straight up to under the jar. I put small drops of red, green, orange/yellow food coloring into the water. I had the camera close and down at the bottom of jar. My exposure- ISO= 200, Shutter Speed= 1/30, F/Stop= 5.6.

I tried to get a little creative with this one. I had the camera low on the side, looking up at the glass. I cut open a glow stick and poured it into the bottom of the glass. Then I put soap from the bathroom on top, added a little water, then dropped red food coloring in it. If your wondering why soap, it helped to keep the water from running down to the glow stick. I kind of like what I came up with. My Exposure- ISO= 200, Shutter Speed= 2 sec, F/Stop= 5.

I think as together this was my favorite. I got up above and shot into the glass. It created a bright green line around the outside of the glass, because of the glow stick. My Exposure- ISO= 200. Shutter Speed= 1/6, F/stop= 5.

This is my setup with the lights on. The jar is the same place as it was for the shot above. The glass is also in the same place, but I turned the Mini off underneath the table when shooting those.

2 comments: